In today’s busy world, it is not always convenient to go to a doctor’s office for a medical evaluation. In many cases, an ear, nose, or throat condition may be easily treated with a prescription or at-home care – but you need guidance from a medical professional.
If you suffer from any sort of ear, nose, or throat malady and would like assistance from a top otolaryngologist, Dr. Mani H. Zadeh M.D., F.A.C.S is pleased to offer in-home virtual consultations with a new telemedicine service.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is a service that allows Dr. Zadeh to perform a virtual consultation while you are in the comfort of your own home, workplace, or at any other location. We utilize high-speed internet to provide a video-based consultation that allows Dr. Zadeh to:
- Evaluate your symptoms
- Receive basic medical information from you
- Provide a preliminary medical evaluation
- Recommend at-home treatment
- Where needed, recommend and schedule in-person evaluations and treatments
- Prescribe some medications for minor ailments
How can telemedicine help me?
One of the biggest challenges people face when they suffer from health symptoms is the inconvenience of a medical visit. You may put off a doctor visit due to the hassle of scheduling an appointment and driving to your appointment or have concerns about whether you – or others at the office – could be contagious. Many ailments turn out to be simple and require only minor treatment.
While the inconvenience visiting your doctor may mean you put off an in-person doctor visit, this approach could lead to a worsening condition and the need to undergo more extensive medical intervention. A convenient, in-person telemedicine consultation can answer your questions and provide a preliminary diagnosis and recommendation during the early stages of an illness, providing medical assistance when it does the most good – before your condition worsens.
Candidacy for telemedicine
You are a likely candidate for Dr. Zadeh’s telemedicine services if:
- You suffer from pain or discomfort in your ear, nose or throat
- You want to avoid an in-person appointment if possible
- You are particularly susceptible to transmittable illnesses and must avoid contact with others that may suffer from transmittable bacterial or viral infections
- You have a high-speed internet connection and video-conferencing capabilities using your mobile phone, laptop, or desktop computer
If your symptoms are severe and require immediate treatment, we will advise you to see us in person or to the emergency room at a hospital for immediate treatment. Telemedicine is not a solution for an emergency unless the nearest qualified medical provider is distant from where you live.
Telemedicine for post-operative checkups
If you have undergone a surgical operation or other treatment at Dr. Zadeh’s office, he will often require post-operative checkups to ensure you are healing as you should, and no complications have arisen. In many cases, these checkups can be done conveniently via telemedicine. If you have any questions or concerns during your recovery, a consultation over telemedicine allows you to meet with Dr. Zadeh virtually, so he can answer any questions or concerns.
What happens after my consultation?
After your consultation is complete, one or more of the following will occur:
- Prescription: Many conditions that cause pain and discomfort can be resolved with medications such as antibiotics. In these cases, Dr. Zadeh may be able to provide your prescription online.
- At-home treatment plan: If your condition is not serious and can be remedied with at-home treatment, Dr. Zadeh can guide you on the steps to take.
- Scheduled in-person consultation: In some cases, medical tests are required to determine the cause of your symptoms and the severity of your condition. If this is the case, we will help you schedule an appointment for testing.
- Scheduled surgical operation: If your condition indicates the need for a surgical procedure, we can schedule the surgical appointment online.
- A recommendation for an emergency visit: If your symptoms indicate the need for emergency treatment, we will advise you to go to the ER at your nearest hospital.
Our board-certified Otolaryngologist Dr. Zadeh will inform you if any contraindications for ClariFix are present in your private consultation.